Since it’s inception in 2001, the innovative Access Loan Program has facilitated over $24.9 million dollars in approved loans for small business start-ups and expansions. The program also has partnerships with other chambers and economic development agencies in 19 counties throughout Central Kentucky for a total of 26 participating lenders. Additionally, Commerce Lexington managed the city’s Small Business Economic Recovery programs in 2020 and 2021. Through the framework of its Access Loan Program and the assistance of many volunteers, about $6.9 million was distributed to local small, minority-owned and women-owned businesses.
Partners of the Access Loan Program include:
- Presenting Sponsor : Toyota Kentucky
- Bank of Hindman
- Bank of the Bluegrass & Trust Co.
- Central Bank & Trust Co.
- Chase – J.P. Morgan
- City National Bank
- Community Trust Bank
- Community Ventures Corporation
- Cumberland Valley National Bank
- Field and Main Bank
- Fifth Third Bank
- First State Bank
- Forcht Bank
- Independence Bank
- Limestone Bank
- PNC Bank
- Republic Bank and Trust Co.
- Small Business Development Center: Kentucky
- South Central Bank
- Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co.
- The City of Lexington
- Town and Country Bank & Trust Co.
- Traditional Bank
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- US Bank
- WesBanco Bank
ACCESS LOAN PROCEDURES
Procedures that must be completed are as follows:
- Completion and return of full packet
- All areas on checklist are to be met
- A sub-committee meeting will be called and at that time it will be decided if proposal moves to the full committee
- Client will present a 10-12 minute proposal to the full committee
- Attending bankers will follow up with their decision to offer or refuse loan for proposal
- Client will be contacted by bankers that have expressed interest in funding loan.
- At that time, information will be given in regards to loan.
- Once contacted, client is to then follow up with banker(s)
- Commerce Lexington will follow up periodically with client and/or banker to check progress of loan
- Loan is closed based on timetable set with banker and client
For more information on the Access Loan Program, please contact Tyrone Tyra at 859-226-1625